Warm Cheesecake Crepes
I usually make the crepes, filling and sauce for this recipe the day before. The next morning, I assemble them for baking and warm the sauce. It might seem complicated, but it's not difficult, and the results are so worth it! —Patricia Prescott, Manchester, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Spread about 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Place in two ungreased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in fruit. Serve with crepes.
Nutrition Facts2 crepes with 1/4 cup sauce: 344 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Cheesecake Crepes with Warm Fruit Sauce in Taste of Home Magazine - Best Loved Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.