Warm Cannellini Bean & Bacon Salad
My husband and son like all kinds of bean dishes. For a change of pace, I whipped up a new creation for Sunday dinner. Feel free to replace the peppered bacon with the regular kind.—Lou Suriano, Twinsburg, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through. Stir in bacon. Serve warm.
Originally published as WARM SMOKY CANNELINI BEAN SALAD in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.