My husband and son like all kinds of bean dishes. For a change of pace, I whipped up a new creation for Sunday dinner. Feel free to replace the peppered bacon with the regular kind.—Lou Suriano, Twinsburg, Ohio
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through. Stir in bacon. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Cannellini Bean & Bacon Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014