Warm Broccoli with Vinaigrette
A sweet vinaigrette dresses up these tender broccoli spears. I drizzle it over other dishes such as asparagus or green beans. It's the only way I can get my kids to eat their veggies! —Renee Smith, Sparks, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add half of the broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain well. Repeat with remaining broccoli.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl; add cheese, pimientos and green onions. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Warm broccoli with vinaigrette in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.