Warm Broccoli Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Reduced-fat wheat snack crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salad dressing mix until blended. Fold in the broccoli and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Spoon into a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 96 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2018
Everyone loved this! Put leftovers on a baked potato.
Jan 23, 2018
Excellent recipe. Made it for Christmas and eveyone loved it. Made it as the recipe shows and then also made a vegan one. They wete both scraped clean. Served it with crackers but some people ate it like a casserole without crackers.
Dec 30, 2012
I made this for a party and everyone loved it. The guests scraped the dish clean. It was a big hit.
Dec 17, 2012
I made this a few weeks ago for a potluck at work. It was a huge hit! Love it! Making it again tonight for another party tomorrow. I served it with assorted crackers and a small veggie platter. Thanks for the recipe.
Feb 27, 2011
Super easy to make and I don't feel as guilty eating it (I guess cause it has broccoli in it). I made this for a party and everyone who tried it commented on how good it was. I will definitely make this again and think it would be really good with swiss cheese too.
Dec 31, 2010
This is a simple recipe that tastes great! My vegetarian family members especially love it.