- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Baked tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the beans; mash gently. Stir in the tomato, picante sauce, cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir just until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forWarm Black Bean Dip
"Not really a make ahead dish but good."
"Have made this for years! It's a hit everytime!"
"Made this for a party. Very good, excellent flavor. Everyone loved it!"
"I made it for a Christmas gathering. Everybody loved it! I would definitely make it again."
"Have made this for get-togethers and everyone loves it. The lime juice and cilantro give it a very fresh taste. Delicious!"