Warm Bacon-Swiss Spread
My friends and I get together once a month to play cards...and to sample a selection of appetizers! One of their favorites is this creamy spread.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Assorted crackers
- Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds to soften. Stir in the Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and onion until blended.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with bacon and cracker crumbs. Serve with crackers.
Editor’s Note: Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 193 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Hot Bacon & Swiss Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.