Warm Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 2 cups asparagus pieces
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings and separated
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1. Cook the asparagus until crisp-tender. Drain. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- 2. In same skillet, saute onion in drippings until soft; stir in the vinegar, sugar, parsley and salt. Crumble bacon. Stir in the asparagus, bacon and tomato into skillet. Pour mixture over mixed greens and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Microwave: In a 1-qt. dish, microwave asparagus on high 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Microwave bacon on high until crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Remove bacon. Microwave onion in bacon drippings 2-3 minutes or until soft. Stir in vinegar, sugar, parsley and salt. Stir in asparagus, crumbled bacon and tomato. Toss with mixed greens in salad bowl.
1 cup: 177 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.