Warm Asparagus-Crab Spread
"When my children entertain, I like to help them with the cooking, and this dip is always a hit," relates Camille Wisniewski from Jackson, New Jersey. "Cashew nuts give this creamy mixture a nice crunch."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus spears, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and jalapenos in oil until tender. Add the asparagus, crab, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers.
Editor’s Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 213 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 15, 2012
I made this for our appetizer on Mother's Day. I loved it, but unfortunately everyone else thought it was just OK. I would make it again, just not for my family.
Nov 20, 2008
This one is always a crowd pleasing appetizer.