This is an unusual salad in that I feel it is actually worthy of bringing to a dinner party or eating by itself (I am not a salad person). Plus, it's super quick and easy to make. —Justine Kmiecik, Dupont, Washington
Featured In: 52 Sweet and Savory Apple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped crisp apples, unpeeled (about 2 medium apples)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup shelled roasted pistachios
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add apples and ginger; cook and stir until apples soften and begin to caramelize, 3-5 minutes. Stir in pistachios and Dijon mustard. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour two-thirds of apple mixture over spinach. Add spoonfuls of ricotta cheese; top with remaining apple mixture. Drizzle with honey. Add fresh pepper to taste. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Warm Apple & Pistachio Spinach Salad in Modern Comfort 2017
Reviews forWarm Apple & Pistachio Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2017
"Wonderful! Yes, as Kmiecik said, an unusual recipe. I followed the recipe; my husband and I enjoyed every bite."