Walnut Wedges Recipe
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Roll out bottom crust to a 10-1/2-in. circle; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine nuts, sugar, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice; spread over crust. Roll out remaining pastry and place over nuts. With fork tines, seal edges together and pierce holes in top. Brush with milk. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16-20 wedges. Cool completely. In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat; drizzle over wedges. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 each: 176 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Wedges
"My neighbor made these and I was the taster,I am so glad,I liked them so much that I am making them today.I would of given it 5 stars but there is always margin for error. So easy to make."