Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Roll out bottom crust to a 10-1/2-in. circle; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine nuts, sugar, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice; spread over crust. Roll out remaining pastry and place over nuts. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16-20 wedges. Cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2012
My neighbor made these and I was the taster,I am so glad,I liked them so much that I am making them today.I would of given it 5 stars but there is always margin for error. So easy to make.