- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Combine filling ingredients; spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forWalnut Thumbprints
"These are delicious cookies. Everyone loves them!"
"I just made these last night with my family, easy and delicious!!!"
"The receipe was easy to make i used a mini muffin pan and made an indent in them and filled it with the walnut filling . Simply delicious......"
"Love the recipe, but it only made 18 cookies for me and I was able to use the filling for two batches of cookies."
"GOOD WALNUT LOVERS"
"Made this recipe ever since I first saw it in Taste of Home years ago. Love it. Looks great, too. Everyone loves it."
"This has been one of my family cookies and I have made it for a number of years also."