Walnut Sweet Potato Bake
Cream cheese adds a flavorful twist to this sweet potato dish, and the nuts provide a delightful crunch.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sweet potatoes, broth, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 488 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Sweet Potato Bake in Country Extra January 2002