Walnut Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and orange peel; beat until smooth. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 173 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Sandwich Cookies
"there's a special taste that make them... not so ordinary. you have to be careful though not to bake the cookies too much, or they will be too crunchy!"