Walnut-Rippled Coffee Cake Recipe
An ideal treat any time of the day, this moist yellow cake offers a delightful surprise of cinnamon, nuts and brown sugar in every slice. Nanetta Larson relies on a boxed mix to help her bake it in her Canton, South Dakota kitchen.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Set aside 2 tablespoons cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, oil, water, sugar and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour half into a greased and floured fluted 10-in. tube pan. Combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Top with the remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 325 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Walnut-Rippled Coffee Cake
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2012
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
"This is so easy and everyone just loves it."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC