Walnut-Rippled Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, oil, water, sugar and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased and floured fluted 10-in. tube pan. Combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 325 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 2, 2012
I've made this many times, but by a different name (Sock-it-to-Me Cake). The only differences 1/4 sugar, instead of 2 tabls and 1 tsp. vanilla. It also calls for pecans instead of walnuts. Also a glaze of 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted, and 2 Tablsp. milk when the cake cools. Delish!
Dec 5, 2009
This is so easy and everyone just loves it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.