An ideal treat any time of the day, this moist yellow cake offers a delightful surprise of cinnamon, nuts and brown sugar in every slice. Nanetta Larson relies on a boxed mix to help her bake it in her Canton, South Dakota kitchen.
Recommended: 16 Coffee Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cake mix. Place the remaining cake mix in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, eggs, sour cream, oil and water; beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour half into a greased fluted 10-in. tube pan. Combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Walnut-Rippled Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p52
Reviews forWalnut-Rippled Coffee Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2012
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
"This is so easy and everyone just loves it."