Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute the walnuts, onion, sesame seeds, salt and garlic powder in butter until onion is tender and sesame seeds are golden brown. Add water and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli and rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 320 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 25, 2015
This was a really good side dish that I served with the Cranberry Pineapple Pork Chops from the same issue. The only change I made was to use chicken broth instead of water because I had an open can to use up.
Aug 27, 2008
this is really good with instant brown rice. You have to cook it on the stove after it boils for 5 minutes. Great taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.