Walnut Raspberry Ribbons Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, brown sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the butter, water and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened.
- 2. Add eggs and extract; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. For filling, combine the raspberries, walnuts, sugar and lemon peel; set aside. In a microwave, melt jam.
- 4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread each with jam and sprinkle with filling. Fold dough in half lengthwise; cut each rectangle into 12 strips. Twist strips at center; place on greased baking sheets.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Prepare dough as directed. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Fill and bake as directed.
1 each: 238 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.