Amber Gregoire's chunky cookies are jam-packed with goodies--from apples and raisins to oats and nuts. "They're perfect for taking to potlucks," she suggested from Monterey, Tennessee.
Recommended: 30 Dessert Recipes for Raisin Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add apple juice and lemon extract. Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Walnut Raisin Apple Cookies in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p61