- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 medium pears, peeled, halved and sliced
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Combine the pears and dressing in a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, add greens to pear mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWalnut Pear Salad
"This salad was very tasty, and a great way to use pears. The only reason I'm only giving it three stars is that I found it just too sweet for my taste. This definitely is good, I would just eat a very small portion next time. I added crumbled feta, as the salty flavor helped tone down the sweetness."
"This was delicious! It was fresh, light tasting and the dressing for it was just right. I added pomegranite seeds for crunch and color plus I topped it with chicken breast. It was great!"