Walnut Pastry Roll-Ups
The flaky, nutty texture and hint of blue cheese guarantee that these cute bites will win raves every time. The simple appetizers can be made ahead of time, then baked just before guests arrive.—Margaret Minnich, Columbus, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Combine the walnuts, blue cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley and pepper; sprinkle over pastry. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 138 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Blue Cheese Rolls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.