The flaky, nutty texture and hint of blue cheese guarantee that these cute bites will win raves every time. The simple appetizers can be made ahead of time, then baked just before guests arrive.—Margaret Minnich, Columbus, Ohio
Recommended: 33 Family Dinners for Under $10
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Combine the walnuts, blue cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley and pepper; sprinkle over pastry. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Walnut Pastry Roll-Ups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p42