- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and orange peel. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice and brown sugar until dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews forWalnut Orange Muffins
"Very most and delicious!"
"These were wonderful. They were very moist. I did add more walnuts. My husband loves nuts of any kind.I added this recipe to my favorite muffins."