Walnut Molasses Pie
This pie is a family favorite I frequently prepare for Sunday dinner at my mother's. Somewhat like pecan pie, this treat is scrumptious and nutty with a sweet molasses flavor.—Betty Jones, Collinston, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, molasses and vanilla until blended; stir in walnuts. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; remove foil. Bake 12-17 minutes longer or until top of pie is et and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 537 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Molasses Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.