- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Add 1/3 cup oil and water; beat until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla, salt, eggs and remaining oil. Stir in walnuts
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forWalnut Fudgy Brownies
"This is my go to recipe for brownies. It's simple and they come out delicious. Contains ingredients that most people have on hand."
"These brownies come out more cake-like. They seem to need a frosting to give them any kind of taste. As one other reviewer said, these are TASTELESS. I won't be making them again. And, it honestly makes me wonder how some recipes make it on this site!"
"# 1 recipe for homemade brownies. I have made this recipe perhaps more than any other. I know I can rely on it every time, and the brownies never last for very long. The recipe goes together quick and easily, and turns out wonderfully every time. They are fine as they are, but are also delicious with cream cheese frosting. (I would also try white or chocolate frosting, as well.) This recipe could lend itself to many variations with great results."