Walnut Fudge Pie
"This rich recipe is wonderful for the holidays, but my family enjoys it any time of year," relaters Jan Huntington from Painesville, Ohio.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- FUDGE SAUCE:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- Coffee ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter. Stir in cream until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in coffee. Serve pie with ice cream and fudge sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 859 calories, 59g fat (28g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (64g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Fudge Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2004