Walnut-Date Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a food processor, combine the flour, butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cover and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the eggs, cinnamon, cloves and remaining brown sugar. Beat in the pumpkin and milk. Stir in the dates and walnuts. Pour into the crust. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 389 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Walnut-Date Pumpkin Pie
"Double this out in a 'deep dish,' there were no left overs. Advertisement or no, it was Kalifornia Walnuts that went into the mix.fae"