Walnut-Date Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whipped cream
- In a food processor, combine the flour, butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cover and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cinnamon, cloves and remaining brown sugar. Beat in the pumpkin and milk. Stir in the dates and walnuts. Pour into the crust. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 389 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2012
I made this pie for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it - including me! Great taste and someting different from the regular pumpkin pie!
Nov 15, 2012
Double this out in a 'deep dish,' there were no left overs. Advertisement or no, it was Kalifornia Walnuts that went into the mix.fae