- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt and pepper
- 24 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, walnuts, parsley, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper until blended.
- Spread about 2 tablespoonfuls over each of 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into three 1-in.-wide strips. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forWalnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches
"Lovely little sandwiches. I used Pecans and I gave the filling a wee boost by adding some chopped Parsley. I also made the filling up the day before serving. The extra chill time gave all of the ingredients that extra time needed to bring this recipe to its best. Anytime of Tea time its a wonderful little treat.Taste of home Volunteer Field Editor"
"I make the spread as instructed and leave it in a bowl to be used on bread slices, bagels, etc. Simple, but yummy!"
"I thought this recipe as is tasted flat on flavor. With the addition of a tsp each of salt and pepper, along with 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning and a few dashes of hot sauce, I could honestly say it tasted better. I would leave out the lemon juice and nutmeg, as they did nothing to enhance the flavor."
"I made this for a potluck at work and everybody loved them, even received some suggestions for next time to maybe add ham and pickes, so i will try that too but for sure i will make them again."