Walnut Cranberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cranberry sauce, orange zest and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 408 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 16, 2019
I found it by Googling the main 2 ingredients. I needed a coffee cake -- i.e. Baked it in 9 X 9 pan. But the liquid ingredients were all off. I had to add 3/4 cup of milk to actually "pour" the batter. I don't understand why it was that way. I would have had to mix it with my fingers as my mixer was threatening to burn out. BUT --- the finished product was so popular I will have to make it again and again. It tasted like Almond cherry. The only disappointment was that they left so little for me.
Dec 8, 2012
Dec 13, 2011
Dec 5, 2011
nice recipe. I will try it.