Walnut Cranberry Butter
"This cranberry butter is wonderful on warm bread or biscuits," recommends Corky Huffsmith of Indio, California. "Be sure to use real butter and margarine—the low-fat products have a higher water content that doesn't give the same results."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and honey until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add cranberries and walnuts; beat 5 minutes longer or until butter turns pink.
- Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap; roll into a log. Refrigerate until chilled. Unwrap and slice or place on a butter dish.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 76 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Butter in Taste of Home December/January 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.