Walnut-Coconut Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir just until moistened. Stir in coconut and walnuts just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 410 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 13, 2015
Fantastic recipe .. The cake turned out very moist and rich .. The blend of cinnamon, vanilla walnut and coconut was very pleasant. My family and friends loved the cake!Sure to repeat the recipe many many many more times