Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Roll dough into a 20x6-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 20 slices, 1 in. thick. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Drizzle with cream. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 156 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2015
This is the second recipe I seen that uses cream poured over the top before baking, what is the reason for this? In my 40 years of making cinnamon rolls until about an hour ago I've never heard of it.
May 14, 2013
This is an easy recipe to make. I used Rhodes bread dough and used chopped pecans instead of the walnuts. I made this at our family get together and it went over very well. Succulent and moist~~ not dry. Making another 2 batches today!
May 27, 2011
These are easy and good. I did think they needed to be rolled out a bit wider than 6" to be able to coil them up very easily. My husband says they were the best I've made and were better than the canned kind (his highest praise).