- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Roll dough into a 20-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 20 slices, 1 in. thick. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Drizzle with cream. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
Reviews forWalnut Cinnamon Rolls
"This is the second recipe I seen that uses cream poured over the top before baking, what is the reason for this? In my 40 years of making cinnamon rolls until about an hour ago I've never heard of it."
"These are easy and good. I did think they needed to be rolled out a bit wider than 6" to be able to coil them up very easily. My husband says they were the best I've made and were better than the canned kind (his highest praise)."