Walnut-Cinnamon Coffee Cake
This is my favorite coffee cake recipe. Moist, buttery and boxed-cake-mix simple, it’s also a favorite with family and friends. —Emajo Wilson, Allen, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add cake mix and mix well. Beat in sour cream just until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 422 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as My Favorite Coffee Cake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007