- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, lightly cream the margarine and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forWalnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
"We were halfway through this when we saw the yogurt. What? Never had that in a cookie before! But I had some on hand, so went ahead. They are very, very good. This will be my new go-to recipe, for sure. They are thick, but because there is less butter, they are lighter. We used unsalted butter instead of margarine because I don't use margarine. Highly recommend the step of toasting the walnuts for great flavor. Also, we made a triple batch at one time in the stand mixer (6qt size). No way was this 48 servings per recipe for me. The triple batch was about a batch and a half of a normal recipe."
"I really beat the batter once I added the eggs, a happy mistake because the cookies baked up high and light - and almost a cake-like consistency. I will try to do the same thing again next time I make these. Very chewy and nice. Just sweet enough. I would like to share a photo but don't know how!"
"Very easy to make. Tastes great, too. I could only find the HUGE plain yogurt, so I bought a little vanilla one instead and halved the amount of vanilla extract."