Walnut Chocolate Burritos
"Inspired by my family's love of Mexican food, I experimented with tortillas, chocolate, crunchy walnuts and cinnamon to come up with this sweet treat," writes Kay Martin of Greenville, South Carolina. "It's fun and different and goes together in just minutes. I like to serve them warm and drizzled with melted chocolate, then dusted with powdered sugar. Wonderful!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips, walnuts and cinnamon. Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds or until pliable. Spoon chocolate chip mixture down the center of tortillas; fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook burritos in oil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over burritos. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 470 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Walnut Quesadillas in Country Woman July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.