Walnut Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- 2. Place half of the oats at a time in a blender or food processor; cover and process until powdery. combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl if necessary. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 12 dozen.
1 each: 110 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Chip Cookies
"their soooooo.................delicious, you just cannot stop at 5. Ha ha ha"