No one can resist these rich cookies with their double dose of sweetness. Melted chocolate is mixed into the dough, then chocolate chips, oats and walnuts are added. Yum!—Joy Hanje, Gaylord, Michigan
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Place half of the oats at a time in a blender; cover and process until powdery. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a large bowl if necessary. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Originally published as Walnut Chip Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p46
Reviews forWalnut Chip Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2011
"their soooooo.................delicious, you just cannot stop at 5. Ha ha ha"