Walnut Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, hot pepper sauce and remaining cornstarch and soy sauce; set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute walnuts in oil until toasted; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken until no longer pink.
- 4. Remove and keep warm. Add green pepper and ginger to skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 5. Return chicken and walnuts to pan. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 321 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Chicken Skillet
"This is one of the BEST recipes for chicken that I have ever found. It is delicious!"