Walnut-Cheese Spinach Salad
Tangy homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing gives a summery flavor—and a pretty pink-red tint—to this salad that's definitely special enough to serve to company. —Christine Wilson Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat, Cook for 1 minute. Strain and discard pulp.
- In a blender, combine the raspberry juice, oil, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce if desired; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 202 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 25, 2011
This salad is known in our family as the 'Christmas salad because of the pretty red and green colours. I get requests for this one all year long though. Its awesome.