Walnut Carrot Bundt Cake
This carrot cake is surprisingly moist and very flavorful. It also has a nice texture and cut beautifully for serving to your guests. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 467 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Carrot Cake in Country October/November 2003