Walnut Caramel Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the caramels, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Pour over warm cake.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour the remaining batter over chips. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until cake is set and pulls away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Hershey caramels.
May 8, 2012
Other than sticking to the sides of the cake pan. This is the best cake ever. Very easy to make. I melted a can of chocolate frosting in the microwave and poured about 1/2 of it onto the cooled cake. OMG! Tastes like a turtle candy. Recommending it to all my friends and family
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.