Walnut Butter Crunch Recipe
Maybe it's the extra butter that makes this lip-smacking crunch so delectable. It takes a long time to make, but my family and friends insist it's worth every minute!
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cube remaining butter; add to sugar mixture. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Stir in walnuts. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle or spread over candy. Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts. Break into pieces. Yield: About 2-1/2 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 381 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Butter Crunch
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC