Walnut-Breaded Chops with Honey Mustard Sauce
The coating is nice and golden brown while the tender pork chops stay juicy. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 envelope Lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 pound medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Combine the crackers, walnuts and soup mix in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in the flour, eggs, then cracker mixture.
- Cook chops in 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water and carrots in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the dill, salt, 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon honey and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated.
- Combine mayonnaise and the remaining mustard and honey; serve with pork chops and carrots.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/2 cup carrots: 770 calories, 51g fat (14g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1325mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Pistachio Breaded Chops with Honey Mustard Sauce in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013