Walnut-Breaded Chops with Honey Mustard Sauce
The coating is nice and golden brown while the tender pork chops stay juicy. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 envelope Lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 pound medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Combine the crackers, walnuts and soup mix in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in the flour, eggs, then cracker mixture.
- Cook chops in 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water and carrots in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the dill, salt, 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon honey and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated.
- Combine mayonnaise and the remaining mustard and honey; serve with pork chops and carrots.