Walnut Banana Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 265 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Banana Cupcakes
"Great, moist cupcakes. I did increase the bananas to 1 cup, and added some cinnamon to the mashed bananas. Very good!!"
"I did not think they were anything special.. I added 2 bananas. I didn't think 1/2 cup would have been enough of a banana flavor. They were moist but bland. Nothing exceptional."
"I made these recently for a coworker of mine and she absolutely loved them! So much in fact that she passed the positive report on to another coworker of mine who has now requested a batch of 25 for this weekend!"
"Very easy to make and very delicious! I doubled the batch, which worked out well considering that half of the cupcakes were gone in less than 24 hours."
"The Nutmeg overwhelmed the banana taste. Moist and light."
"Great recipe to add to my cupcake book..."
"These cupcakes were awesome! They have a great banana flavor and are very moist. The only problem with this recipe is that it only makes a dozen. I will definitely double the recipe the next time I make them. They were devoured by my family as soon as they were cool enough to eat."
"Yjese cupcakes were easy to make and tasty as well. The icing was really good!"
"Didn't even get these frosted- loved them"
"Excellent. I doubled ingredients and baked in bundt pan and served at our pinochle party. It got rave reviews amd requests for the recipe from everyone."