Walnut Apple Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the water, cider, salt and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, apple and walnuts. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 173 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 12, 2011
I used regular white rice, just stirred in the apples and walnuts at the end of steaming and replaced the lid to let stand. I also omitted the cinnamon. This was good and nice for a change.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.