- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3-3/4 cups apple cider, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of cider; let stand for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, sugar, salt and remaining cider. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 2-1/2 hours. Fold in apples and walnuts. Transfer to a 2-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forWalnut Apple Cider Salad
"This was a very nice recipe. I used Splenda (granulated) in place of the sugar. I was very nice. I served it at a dinner party and everyone liked it. It's a KEEPER recipe."
"Made this for a big family get together. Everyone liked it! Goes great with pork roast"